WIX: AN ONLINE PLATFORM DESIGNED FOR YOU!
Being an entrepreneur is becoming a more feasible thought for many people. What could be better than starting up your own business knowing about the digital tools which you have at your disposal and which are essential nowadays, such as those that allow you to create a website with zero costs? Wix is one of them!
What is Wix?
Wix is an online platform where you can create your own website for free and very easily. However, you need to take into account that the Premium option provides you with more advanced features such as acquiring your own domain name or priority support.
It was founded in 2006 thanks to the ideas of three entrepreneurs (Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami and Giora Kaplan), who wanted the experience of creating a website to stop being difficult, frustrating and costly. This idea led them to create this platform for those who wanted to create their own website without having technical design knowledge for free, so it was designed for all kinds of people, from restaurants to online shops, musicians, photographers and, why not, also students.
– Their designs are fantastic, and they offer very innovative ready-made templates. But if you prefer, you can also create them from scratch, using the available designing tools.
– 25 tools: Headings, text on image, party stamps, welcome cards, image frames, authorized users, import images from your social networks, customers’ comments, etc.
Its designs are optimized for mobile phone devices.
- It is very flexible, its elements can be moved around and this leaves no detail to chance.
- There are third-party apps that you can add to your website, from live chat to appointment or calendar manager, newsletters, etc.
- The Wix integra 16 languages.
- The headlines, meta-descriptions and alt attributes can be customized individually.
- Wix blog is an excellent complement, and it has good functions for the SEO.
- It offers excellent visual presentations.
- The free accommodation offered by Wix is one of the characteristics and advantages of the web creator which make it popular.
– The great freedom of design and changes that it offers could be overwhelming for some people.
– You must be sure of the template choice, as once you design your website, if you wish to change the template design you will lose all the loaded content. For these reasons, we recommend that you are sure of the design that adapts to your business’s needs.
– The free Wix package contains advertisements, although this is common among many other web creators.
– It has limited E-commerce options, although the platform is now constantly updating including advanced options for your online shops.
Undoubtedly, when creating an interactive website, Wix is the king. It is ideal for users who are looking for a stunning-looking website which encourages visitors to interact.
Are you ready to take your business to the online world? You can do it following these eleven steps that Wix recommends 😉